A Workout With a Why
SHAKE THAT ASS: IT’S SCIENCE BACKED
The Melody DanceFit method goes beyond physical fitness. We’ve combined somatic movement with principles of psychology to give you a cathartic release. We’re making dance approachable with the intention of focusing on the internal experience of the movement rather than the external appearance. A 2009 study conducted by Queens University Belfast found that dancing may stave off illness and counteract decline in aging on physical, social, and mental levels. Gala Bingo’s survey on happiness found that listening to music is the third most powerful mood booster — and when you pair it with movement, it can be one of the most effective tools for releasing negative emotions and replacing them with positive ones.
Melody DanceFit has been proven to:
- Elevate Joy
- Relieve Stress and Anxiety
- Strengthen Emotional Resilience
- Improve Cardiovascular Health
“To call MDF just a fitness platform is selling it short. Looking back, I don’t know how I would have stayed sane this year without MDF classes to help me get moving during lockdown and find an emotional release through movement and music. Melody has constructed a community based on kindness, support, authenticity, and meeting people where they are without judgement. I can’t recommend it enough!”
– Wajiha, Austin Texas
The Membership Experience
The MDF Method
- Guaranteed to make you sweat, our classes allow all levels to move in almost any setting! The MDF method is designed to be fun & easy to follow while learning along the way. No equipment needed — just YOU!
- Access to monthly DanceFit livestreams. Connect with other members in real time while sweating to hip-hop, pop, and world music. These classes are designed to be both a physical and mental release wherever you find yourself.
- Can’t make a live class? No worries—all classes are recorded to be available on-demand to fit your schedule. One new DanceFit video curated weekly to keep you moving, grooving, and booty bouncing to the beat.
- What we lovingly call the MDF Collective, our global community of 500+ members supports you through inspiring livestreams, coaching calls & key tools to help you flourish. Plus, gain access to our Private FB group and early bird pricing to events, retreats, & more!
Paying it Forward
- As a female-owned brand, women empowerment is core to what we do and believe in. A portion of every membership and ticket is donated to Dress for Success, a nonprofit empowering women to achieve economic independence.
What Our Community Is Saying
“Melody doesn’t sell exercise, she sells a state of mind—a way of life—and it’s addicting. I left her class feeling completely transformed and inspired. She shows you how to let go of needing control and to truly be present in the moment. She is tailor-made for what she does and just by allowing people to experience her energy and love for life, she inspires them to find their own stage, whatever that looks like, and let loose. This class is a game changer!!”
“I can’t recommend Melody and her brand enough. I am forever grateful to Melody for helping me find a physical strength I didn’t know I had, for showing me how to be comfortable in my own skin, and for giving me the gift of dance.”
“I struggle a lot with anxiety and depression and along with that comes the lack of motivation to do quite anything, let alone work out! I found myself watching Melody’s videos on YouTube just to cheer myself up because just WATCHING them puts a smile on my face. Melody has an amazing gift. I am almost in tears just writing this. She is real, she is authentic, she is vulnerable, she is encouraging, she is no bullshit, and she is hysterical.”